Friday, February 27, 2009

New Beginnings

I never thought that I would be a blogger. The whole concept of my friends logging onto this site to read what is happening in my life instead of just calling me up and asking is just weird. Plus, consistency has never been a strength of mine -- whether it's journaling, exercising, or training my dog. So what I'm saying is that this very well could be the only post on here for awhile.

But as I've read more of my friends' blogs, the idea of starting my own has become more interesting to me. It's been fun to read the adventures and ponderings of others -- sort of like getting to read a little of their diary. And let's face it...I do seem to have my fair share of adventures. Whether it's tripping over a cow in the dark in Honduras, almost falling out of a sea toilet in Papua New Guinea, or just searching for my car for an hour in the mall parking garage during the Christmas season, there's always some sort of ridiculousness going on in my life.

And so my friends...I have decided to start this blog and call it extravaganza. Why, you ask? Great question! I'm happy to tell you.

(you may be rolling your eyes at this point, but you know that deep down you are smiling at my nerdiness here)

I've always loved big and random words: palooza, fabulousness, supercalifragelistic... etc. I picked extravaganza because, not only do I love saying this word, but I love the definition of it. The word extravaganza describes a masterpiece of art in the world of literature or theater. It describes something that is both elaborate and spectacular.

Taking it to a deeper level, I believe the word extravaganza can describe the life of a believer. Christ said that He has come that we may have life and have it to the full. He created us as His masterpiece to see, touch, taste, hear, and even smell this life to the full -- to experience the elaborate and the spectacular. And this is what I deeply want to experience in my own life.

So...welcome to my blog...my extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment